AWON is hiring Capacity Building and Advocacy Officer Job In Nepal, It is registered as a Non-Government Organization (NGO) under the institutional registration act of Nepal in 2010, and is affiliated to the Social Welfare Council in Nepal. AWON is focusing its activities and resources on rural areas of Nepal. The organization’s programs are oriented on peace building, human rights, empowerment, climate justice of rural, poor, marginalized and excluded people across the world. “The birthplace of an individual is not by choice” is a driving force of AWON and its key strategy is “MiteriGau-Let’s Live Together Campaign”. AWON is working for improving the livelihood of communities through innovative humanitarian, educational and vocational result driven program by community mobilization, advocacy, training, research and social business. AWON coordinates and conducts the different activities from local to international level. Its major activities are Miteri anti-chhaupadi campaign, Miteri Birthing center, Miteri education support, Miteri Recycle center, Miteri SRHR, Miteri Earthquake response. The outcomes of all activities are claiming basic rights, ensuring human rights and immediate relief.
JOB DESCRIPTION For Capacity Building and Advocacy Officer Job In Nepal
Title of the post: Capacity Building and Advocacy Officer (CBAO)-1
Location: Field Office, Manma, Kalikot
Type of appointment: Fixed term till June 2021
Estimate start date: visit sabkura jobs
Reports to: Project Manager
Supervise: Program/Finance Assistant, Community Facilitators
Implementation of project activities and Capacity building and Advocacy
- Take a lead role on implementing the field level project activities and capacity building activities
- Prepare guidelines and orient to project team about the organizing and facilitating the various project’s campaigning, trainings and community orientations/activities.
- Provide clear guidance and back support to field staff/sub-ordinates including their task oversight
- Overall responsible for the back support and ensure of each activity to complete on prescribed timeline (approved work plan) with maintaining higher standard as project expectation (according to project document).
- Develop the capacity building plan to “Access to safe abortion and family planning for vulnerable, marginalized and uncovered areas in the Karnali region of Nepal” project and carry out all the capacity building activities according to plan.
- Support to Project Manager to prepare project’s Detail Implementation Plan (DIP) and revise time to time to make it realistic, effective and efficient.
- Closely monitor of each project activity in terms of quality of implemented activities and ensure that the project activities are delivered on time, within agreed budget.
- Enhance the capacity, skills and knowledge of CFs and local health mother groups through field visit and regular mentoring from distance about their concern, issues to make more effective the project.
- Advocacy activities have to be carried out based on his/her location for the SRHR, safe abortion and family planning services.
Communication, Coordination and Reporting
- Collect the all relevant information from fields, and make updated Project Manager about the project progress and status of project activities on weekly basis (through weekly update). Also, this update will be the content of the updating organizational website if important any activity in the field.
- Set the reporting mechanism from Community Facilitators to district, district to Kathmandu and compile the information from local level to national level progress and prepare the report to submit Project Manager in monthly basis.
- Coordinate with different stakeholders, networks, government bodies and other likeminded organizations as per project’s thematic issues.
- Maintain proper documentation of field work (copy of meeting minutes, attendance sheet of field/district level activities.
- Represent AWON’s representation as and when necessary in the district
Monitoring & Evaluation For Capacity Building and Advocacy Officer Job In Nepal
- Ensure that the project activities are delivered on time, to agreed budgets and to the standards set by project.
- Be updated with regular monitoring of each activity, their workflow, methodology and process according to detail implementation plan.
- Maintain the data base of the projects and program activities as per requirement of funding partners and organization.
- Responsible for the documentation of project, program success studies, IEC materials and learning sharing.
- Manage to conduct Joint monitoring visits in project sites with District Project Advisory Committee (DPAC)
- To ensure the effectiveness of the project activities, CBAO should reach each village/community of the project district to measure the outcome of each completed activity and provide site coaching to Community Facilitators (CFs) that will be the backbone for the mentoring by CBAO and follow up from distance as well.
- At least, 2 times in each month or as and when necessary (which is earlier), CBAO should make field visit plan to monitor the project activities.
- Support to Project Manager to providing inputs into new proposals related with Kalikot district program.
- Perform any other job related work as advised by the Project Manager.
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Public Health or health background education
Experience: At least 3 years job experience at district level in Reproductive Health and development related field. She/he should posses a very good knowledge of GON’s Reproductive Health and family planning, development policies and protocols. Good supervisory skills and demonstrates ability to communicate well with I/NGOs, Government Offices, stakeholders, civil society and subordinates. Experience with project planning and implementation, monitoring and evaluation are required. Must be sound in current MOH health policies and protocols.
Skills: Team oriented leadership with good delegation, organization and planning skills, commitment to capacity-building, good negotiation, coordination and communication skills. The candidate must possess very good writing in Nepali and able to read and write English fluently, Knowledge of local languages and dialects will be a credit, Project management skills including project operation, administration and financial management, recording and reporting with computer competency, understanding and commitment to international reproductive health and development issues, proven skill on uses of computer in word processing, spreadsheet and PowerPoint.
Attitudes: A team player, able to take leadership, sensitive to local cultures, good listener, committed to constant improvement, committed to job for entire project period, positive thinking.
You May Also Like Junior Support Engineer Job In Kathmandu
arrowVisit SabKura Jobs