Challenge Fund Manager Job in Louis Berger seeks applications for an upcoming 4-year program in Nepal. The program seeks to create domestic jobs for young people through supply and demand focused interventions on skills provision, and to support greater development benefits from migration.The program will work with the public and private sector to improve the provision of skills development programmes in Nepal. The programme will enhance the ability of Nepalese workforce to find better jobs within the employment sector, for key sectors (ICT, Hospitality/Tourism, Agriculture, Light Industry, Construction, Hydropower).
Role of Challenge Fund Manager Job
The role of the Challenge Fund Manager is to design and manage a Challenge Fund that attracts applications from training providers, community based organisations, associations and companies within the targeted key sectors to promote skills development.
- Work with the Skills and Migration Component Leads to define the target market for the Challenge Fund consistent with the programme’s policies and objectives;
- Conduct focused promotion and marketing of the Challenge Fund among target organisations within the key sectors to attract interest in bidding for Challenge Fund grants;
- Guide bidders to seek funding through all stages of the bidding process to ensure they meet the eligibility criteria and provide the information needed to enable project proposals to be properly appraised and assessed;
- Review, appraise and filter all applications to ensure only eligible and complete proposals are considered for funding;
- Maintain the Challenge Fund Database and consolidate information required for reporting purposes;
- Ensure the policies and procedures as outlined in the Challenge Fund Operations Manual are applied consistently;
- Ensure work plans for the operations of the Challenge Fund including schedules of bidding rounds are implemented in a timely manner;
- Advise bidders of the decisions of the Independent Assessment Panel and conduct negotiations with successful bidders prior to concluding contracts;
- Undertake due-diligence on all successful partners with approved projects;
- Assist and facilitate the conclusion of grant agreements with all successful bidders for the provision of funding and implementation of approved projects;
- Liaise with Louis Berger home office on applications approved and payments to grantees;
- With the MEL Director, manage the collection and carry out all necessary monitoring and evaluation activities on funded projects to ensure effective monitoring of the progress and evaluate effectiveness of the Challenge Fund and projects funded;
- Prepare quarterly expenditure claim forms from partners, and, forecast monthly disbursements;
- Undertake internal audits and spot checks on partners; compare these with statutory annual project audits;
- Request and review quarterly and annual reports;
- With the Communications and Outreach Team promote the achievements and successes of the Challenge Fund
- Candidate will report to the Challenge Fund Director/Team Leader.
Minimum Qualifications of Challenge Fund Manager Job
- Masters degree in any of the following: Business Studies, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Education & Vocational Training (TVET) or related subjects;
- Managerial experience (5+ years) with working in the private sector companies operating within the key sectors (ICT, Hospitality/Tourism, Agriculture, Light Industry, Construction, Hydropower), specific fund management or programme implementation with international donors or NGOs; and skills development programmes with training providers, employment brokers.
- Knowledge of market development approach and M4P principles
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English and Nepali
- Knowledge of one or more of the Key Sectors (ICT, Hospitality/Tourism, Agriculture, Light Industry, Hydropower) in Nepal.
You May Also Like Institutional Fundraising Coordinator Job In Nepal
arrowVisit SabKura Jobs