Save the Children hire Program Support Officer Job In Kathmandu which is believes every child deserves a future. In Nepal and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share. Save the Children invites applications from the interested and eligible candidates, who are reliable, accountable, have the ability to deliver results with the highest level of integrity and who value diversity, for the following position(s):
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Program Unit
LOCATION: Nepal Country Office, Kathmandu
CONTRACT LENGTH: Fixed-term for six months
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
ROLE PURPOSE Of Program Support Officer Job In Kathmandu
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We reached approximately two million populations and invested over 70 million US dollars in 2016 to reach more children than ever before, through program in Health, Nutrition, Education, Protection and Child Rights and Governance, Livelihood, HIV, and Humanitarian crises.
S/he will perform routine program support duties of Global Fund MSA Project including correspondence, record keeping, documentation and file management, provide logistic support for meetings, workshops, local/international visits etc. and program country visits if necessary for asset verification and documentation.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY Of Program Support Officer Job In Kathmandu
- Provide overall Program, Admin, Logistics support to the MSA Project
- Coordinate to arrange all logistics support required for project activities such as trainings, meetings, workshops etc.
- Responsible for booking of vehicles, air tickets and hotels for different project events
- Arrange/fix meetings, and take meeting notes/minutes
- Make sure that all official documents are properly filed and maintained
- Coordinate with program staff to communicate with SRs regarding events and further communication as and when required
- Manage logistics arrangements for guest from Global Fund and regional and SC/US home offices visit (room booking, fixing appointments, vehicle arrangement and ticket confirmation)
- Arrange for abroad travelling, manage for VISA processing with coordination from concern department (HR department, Admin), ticketing and room booking
- Draft/prepare official letters, memos, minutes etc.
- Provide assistance and support to program team in report preparation and translation of documents as per request.
- Filing key project documents including the Agreement between Save the Children and Global Fund, SRs and Consultants and provide copy of the document to concern departments as required
- Prepare and update log sheet of consultancies, list of vendors, consultants
- Proceed for payment to vendors, consultants and request as per the agreement along with complete supporting documents
- Update the consultancy sheet and provide a status of the instalment to Finance
- Other tasks as advised by immediate supervisor and other team members
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice) Of Program Support Officer Job In Kathmandu
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE Of Program Support Officer Job In Kathmandu
- Bachelor degree in Management or related field
- 3 years (2 years for GSI group) of experience in related field
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Experience in filing, report writing and documentation
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English
- Sound in using computer application (MS office, Excel, PowerPoint) etc.
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Event management skills
- Proactive and creative
- Excellent documentation skills
- Sound to operate electronics machine (Photocopy, scanner, fax etc.)
*GSI group includes Female, Dalit, Madhesi, People with Disabilities and other indigenous/minorities.
You May Also Like Front Desk Officer In Nepal
arrowVisit SabKura Jobs