We believe every child deserves a home, love and education. We focus on street children in the region of Nepal bordering India, because they receive very little help from the government and other NGOs. By keeping the staffing and operational costs extremely low, we are able to help more children with our limited funds. Some of our volunteers devote time and creativity from different corners of the world to build awareness and raise funds. Some volunteers travel thousands of kilometers (with their own money and vacation time) to visit the kids and share their expertise. From building green houses, to providing medical check-ups for the kids, to teaching them to dance. We are looking for Social Worker NGO Job.
|No. of Vacancies||:||1|
|Documents Required||:||CV (Resume)|
|Job Category||:||NGO / INGO / Social work|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
|Job Level||:||Mid Level|
|Educational Qualification||:||Ideally Bachelors degree|
Job Description For Social Worker NGO Job
New opening in Janakpur. Our Sansar, an NGO working with street children and education in Nepal are looking for a social worker to join our team. This is a full time position and will take place in Janakpur where we are opening a new home for street children. All the children in our care are usually aged between 5 and 17. The social worker’s role will initially be mainly to ensure that the opening of the home goes smoothly, that all policies and procedures of Our Sansar are implemented and then that the children are happy and that they have everything they need for their development (education, care, training).
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- One to one work with the children to ensure their smooth development.
- Providing care on a daily basis to the children – help with activities and education.
- Any tasks to do with the children’s well-being and documentation.
- Assisting with linking with the families programme.
- Assisting with the rescue of the children.
- Managing tasks lists and budgets.
- Making sure proper maintenance of the homes is in place.
- Visits to the field.
- Liaising with local authorities.
- Assisting with any events taking place on behalf of Our Sansar.
- Preparing reports.
- Training will be provided.
- Fantastic, passionate team.
- Renumeration: dependent on experience .
- Expenses covered (accommodation at the children’s homes, travel, phone, food when at the children’s homes, any other expenses to do with the work done)
- Great experience and potential to develop with the organisation in the future.
Job Specifications For Social Worker NGO Job
- Social work experience and/or education preferred.
- Experience working with children is a must.
- Passion for charity work is a must.
- Good computer skills (email, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Google Drive, Dropbox)
- Good use of English .
- Willingness to develop your skills/receive further training.
- Motorbike driving licence will be very useful.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IN BASED IN JANAKPUR WITH FREQUENT TRAVEL BETWEEN BIRGUNJ AND JANAKPUR
You May Also Like Supply Chain Officer Job In Nepal
arrow Visit SabKura Jobs